Phase I & Phase II Site Assessments
AEM has acquired extensive experience providing Phase I and Phase II environmental assessment services to support property transactions for industrial and commercial sites. AEM is frequently employed to perform Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs), to identify and quantify environmental liabilities, to provide cost estimates for these liabilities, and to provide the requested level of support to our clients and their environmental attorneys to facilitate property transactions. AEM is also frequently called upon to review ESAs performed by other consultants, evaluate their costs developed to address environmental liabilities, and provide our opinion in support of our clients. AEM’s thorough knowledge of and experience with the environmental regulations and regulators and our engineering knowledge of the costs of corrective action are necessary to provide the level of support required by our clients.
Examples of the types of clients for whom we perform these services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Textile Industries – Over a 20 year period, AEM has worked for one of the largest manufacturers of textiles in the southeast, performing, among other services, Phase I and Phase II ESAs in support of property transactions (plants both sold and purchased) at multiple facilities throughout Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, and North Carolina.
- Copper Tubing Manufacturer – AEM has performed Phase I and Phase II ESAs over the last 20 years, identifying environmental liabilities to support our client in the purchase of other large industrial facilities located in Tennessee, Mississippi, Pennsylvania, and North Carolina.
- Gypsum Board and Building Supply Manufacturer – AEM has performed Phase I and Phase II ESAs, including property transaction support, for 40+ facilities located from Alaska to Texas to Wisconsin and from New York to Florida. The results of AEM’s ESAs typically support the negotiation of lower purchase prices for our client.
- Large Developer – AEM has performed 50+ ESAs, including Phase I and Phase II ESAs performed to Georgia Department of Community Affairs standards, for this client. AEM Phase II efforts, which have been performed throughout Georgia, have supported our client’s decision to purchase and redevelop these properties, which have included industrial as well as commercial and residential properties.
- Carpet Manufacturer – AEM has performed 25+ ESAs on large industrial properties, many of which included Phase II efforts, to support our client’s purchase of other similar industrial facilities throughout Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Pennsylvania. AEM worked closely with upper management, and our development of costs associated with environmental liabilities supported the sale negotiations.
© 2017 Atlanta Environmental Management | All Rights Reserved | 2580 Northeast Expressway, Atlanta, Georgia, 30345, USA | +1-404-329-9006 | Contact Us